Tuesday, January 26, 2010

My Parallel Worlds

World No. 1...

...is the one I am sitting in right now. It has internet, facebook, blogger, gtalk, skype, cable TV, cell phone, Twenty20, www.trekhimachal.com, chilly chicken, news channels, newspapers, hordes of people, public transport, private transport, late mornings, late nights......you get the drift.

When I am in this world, I often yearn to be in World No. 2

World No. 2...

...is the one I often go to. It has mountains, no roads, small villages, nice simple home cooked food made of ingredients grown in the backyard, inquisitive village children, beautiful flowers, early mornings, dinner at 6 and sleeping at 7 in huts/caves or anything else suitable, evening fires to keep warm, no cellphone signal, woods for miles and no one in them save Monals, wild goats and maybe a simple shepherd.

When I am in this world, I sometimes want to be back in World No. 1

Which world do I really belong to? Or do I belong to both in part? Or am I still trying to find a balance? Time will tell.

Meanwhile, if you happen to know the answer or have clues to it, please keep them to yourself. :)

2 comments:

  1. Hi Shalabh, Nice blog! Dad told me about you, that you've come back to India and that you've been trekking far and wide. Hope to catch up with you sometime :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Vivek, lets catch up when you are in Himachal. All the trekking goes on www.trekhimachal.com. Not really far and wide as yet but hope to.

    Had a look at your photoblog, nice shots!

    ReplyDelete